Unit 1: Planning and Financing a Business
- Starting a new business: Introduction to business studies and how to start up a new business, overview of activities involved in setting up a new business.
- Financial planning: Essential financial concepts in relation to planning for a small business.
Unit 2: Managing a Business
- The importance of management of finance in business.
- Functions within business including finance, marketing, human resources and operations.
Unit 3: Strategies for Success
- Setting business objectives in relation to finance, marketing, human resources and operations and selecting strategies for business success.
Unit 4: The Business Environment and Managing Change
- The business environment and assessing changes in the business environment, and managing change in organisations.
- Synoptic unit which involves a pre-research task.
Please see page 26 for general entry requirements.
In addition, to study this subject you will need a grade B or above in either GCSE Mathematics or GCSE English.
Written exam papers, one based on a pre-released research topic.
With a qualification in Business Studies, you could go on to higher education, work in a variety of jobs in the business sector, or even start your own business.
Business Studies is a good subject choice if you’d like to pursue a career in management, retailing, accountancy, human resources or marketing.